Another reminder to check your carbon monoxide detectors, and to get one if you don't have one.

Heather Nicholson purchased a CO detector for her home back in August after seeing numerous posts from the Grand Blanc Township Fire Department. And ironically enough, she ended up calling them for a scare at her house yesterday.

When her kids got home from school, the detector was beeping. When the fire department arrived, they found out that the home's water heater was malfunctioning. They had no idea until the detector went off.

Heather credits Michael Hertzberg and the entire department for saving her family's life. Another super important reminder that it can happen to anybody at anytime.

More From WFNT