Here Are 8 Ways You Can Help the Burning Amazon Rainforest
You can share a Facebook status about how the media isn't covering the story...or you could actually DO something about it.
Yup - I saw you all sharing that meme yesterday.
Totally fair and you have a point. But, instead of complaining, why don't we all jump into action?
Here are eight ways that we can help the rainforest without traveling to Brazil with a bucket of water:
1. Support the indigenous populations of the Amazon rainforest with Amazon Watch
2. Support arts and science projects through the Amazon Aid Foundation
3. Sign a petition
4. Protect animals through the WWF
5. Reduce your beef consumption; most fast-food burgers are made from rainforest beef
6. Reduce paper and wood consumption
7. Buy land through the Rainforest Trust
8. Protect an acre of land