Nutella Pays Homage to Michigan by Putting Mackinac Island on Its Jars
It'll only be around for a limited time, but you'll be able to find a little bit of Michigan on a jar of Nutella when the iconic brand pays tribute to Mackinac Island.
Nutella is releasing a series of collectible jars inspired by 16 different sites across the United States. Each site is depicted in a one-of-a-kind collectible jar.
See a picture of the Mackinac Island jar here.
Breakfast Across America
The 'Breakfast Across America' campaign highlights each site depicted on the limited-time jars by pairing it with a breakfast recipe. The recipe tied to Michigan is Pannukakku Pancakes.
Pannukakku Pancakes originate in Finland and are traditionally baked in the oven rather than cooked on a griddle. It's actually more of a breakfast combo, combining French toast, custard, crepe, and pancakes. According to Spruce Eats, you may have seen similar recipes for dishes titled German Pancake or Dutch Baby.
Here Are a Couple of Recipes
Other Locations Highlighted
Here are the 16 locations and breakfast suggestions highlighted by the specialty jars:
- Kenai Fjords, AK: Lingonberry Muffins + Nutella
- San Francisco, CA: Sourdough Toast + Nutella
- Portland, ME: Blueberry Pancakes + Nutella
- New Orleans, LA: Beignets + Nutella
- Mackinac Island, MI: Pannakakku Pancakes + Nutella
- Miami Beach, FL: Breakfast Tostada + Nutella
- Kauai, HI: Hawaiian Sweet Bread + Nutella
- Pikes Peak, CO: Breakfast Burrito + Nutella
- New York City, NY: Bagels + Nutella
- Napa Valley, CA: Acai Bowl + Nutella
- Glacier Park, MT: Fry Bread + Nutella
- Chicago, IL: Breakfast Pizza + Nutella
- Lake Tahoe, NV: Sheepherder Bread + Nutella
- Crater Lake, OR: Dutch Baby Pancakes + Nutella
- Santa Fe, NM: Empanadas + Nutella
- Niagara Falls, NY: English Muffins + Nutella