The First Jollibee in Michigan Is Opening Soon. Has “Best Fried Chicken”
It's not often a first-of-its-kind restaurant opens in Sterling Heights, MI. Now, that's about to change with a new Filipino Fast-Food Restaurant bringing what they call "Chickenjoy."
Chicken, Burgers and sweet Spaghetti for the win.
Where and What is Jollibee in Sterling Heights, MI?
Jollibee (pronounced jolly-bee) is a fried chicken joint that started in 1978 in the Philippines. They serve up Filipino bone-in fried chicken, or what they call "chickenjoy," referred to by Eater as one of the best fast food fried chicken items in the United States. Apparently, the gravy-like dipping sauce is a must-dunk, too.
Crain's Detroit Business reports Jollibee is located on the old Denny's site south of Hall Road near Lakeside Mall. (44945 Woodridge Drive, Sterling Heights.)
Fans are already excited.
What's on Jollibee's menu ?
In addition to chicken there are other traditional Filipino-inspired dishes, too.
- Jolly Spaghetti: sweet-style sauce, chunky slices of ham, ground meat and hotdog.
- Palabok Fiesta: a traditional Filipino noodle meal served in garlic sauce with sauteed pork, shrimp and egg. The sauce contains the pork and shrimp and can't be removed according to the website. Keep that in mind if you're allergic.
- Burger Steaks: a couple "savory sweet" beef patties with mushroom gravy sauce and a side of rice. (Personally, not a fan of mushroom anything, but it is different from other US fast food joints.)
- Chicken sandwiches, tenders, burgers, fries, mashed potatoes also on the menu.
- Desserts are unique, too: Peach Mango Pie, Pineapple Quencher or Coconut Pineapple Pie might be how you like to top off a meal.
It's set to open sometime in October according to Macomb Daily.
Michigan Restaurants Where You'll Get the Best Steak
What Does Premium Outlets in Birch Run, Michigan Look Like Today?
Stunning Water Views At 13 Restaurants On Michigan's East Coast