Hate Camping? Try These Five Fun Places a Short Drive from Flint, MI
The thought of camping gives me anxiety. Growing up in Otisville, MI we had three campgrounds nearby: Covenant Hills, Wolverine Campground in Columbiaville and Otter Lake. I didn't visit any of them.
Not showering at all. Swimming/bathing in a lake that others pee in. Snakes? NOPE.
Where can you go glamping near Genesee County, MI?
There are five places within a short drive of Genesee County that could qualify as "glamping" - the art of camping in a cabin or nice RV. There's likely a pool, running water and a fridge... even a bathroom with a shower (just think of it as an indoor outhouse)
- Frankenmuth Jellystone Park Resort: Cabins, RVs, Tents... they have it all. And it's close to everyday necessities like restaurants and Bronner's.
- Pontiac Lake Recreation Area: You could visit just for the day to take in all of the beauty around the lake for lunch/dinner on the grill. Or, get a cabin, bring your RV or a tent and make it a weekend.
- The Holly Campgrounds: KOA folks know this to be reliable. I'm drawn by the "serving pizza" sign to know I won't have to catch, gut and cook fish on an open flame.
- Outdoor Adventure Camping and Resort in Davison: This place is popular with the RV crowd, but they do have tent camping and cabins available. All of the "home" amenities are nearby, too.
Best Liver & Onions Meals Around Flint
- Sterling State Park Monroe, MI: This is the only Michigan State Park on Lake Erie (we don't have much shoreline to work with). The views and trails are stunning. Make yourself at home in a cabin or bring your own living quarters.
Friends and family get annoyed when I say my idea of camping, at minimum, is a Hampton Inn or caring for my island on Animal Crossing: New Horizons. These spots, with a rented RV or cabin might change that... for a night.