C.S. Mott Foundation Gives Year-End Grants
C.S. Mott Foundation provides year-end grants to 8 local non-profit orginaztions totalling $660,000 to help provide food, shelter, and other goods to those that are needy, reports mlive.com:
- Catholic Charities of Shiawassee and Genesee Counties: two grants totaling $112,000 to enable the North End Soup Kitchen to continue a second hot daily meal through 2011 and support a new daytime warming center in downtown Flint.
- Catholic Outreach of Flint: $100,000 to continue providing seriously ill children in Genesee County with medically-related transportation through 2011.
- The Food Bank of Eastern Michigan: $100,000 to offer low-cost, high-protein grocery items, such as meat and peanut butter, to area food pantries and to upgrade the Food Bank’s inventory management system.
- Old Newsboys of Flint: $30,000 to provide area kids with coats and boots as protection against the cold winter weather.
- Resource Genesee: $50,000 to offer emergency services and transportation to Genesee County residents.
- The Salvation Army of Genesee County: $200,000 to assist county residents with rent and utility payments that will enable them to remain in their homes.
- Shelter of Flint, Inc.: $30,000 to update the homeless shelter’s laundry and kitchen equipment, and replace worn bedding and dining furniture.
- YWCA of Greater Flint: $40,000 to help support the organization’s domestic violence shelter and services in Genesee County.
via - MLive.com.