Yes – Lapeer Is Getting An Ice Rink And It Opens Soon
This is super exciting. The City of Lapeer will soon be opening a brand new ice rink. If you do not know how to ice skate, it is time to learn.
The ice rink will be located downtown in the parking lot along the river behind Choice One Bank. If everything goes according to plan, you will be skating on Friday, December 3rd. I have a feeling a lot of people will be treating themselves to an early Christmas present - ice skates.
The City of Lapeer Community Center, Parks, and Recreation has revealed the following information about the ice rink,
- The ice will be synthetic, so it can be used in all weather elements.
- The synthetic ice skating response is 85% that of fresh ice.
- The rink will be roughly 60' x 100' and have a 2' high boardingsystem in place to delineate the rink.
- There will be no skate rental, you must bring your own ice skates.
- The rink will be strictly used for recreational leisure skating only, this means no hockey or games of any kind.
- Additional rules and regulations will be available soon.
I think this is so awesome and one of many great reasons to visit Lapeer if you don't live there. Lapeer is full of unique shops, bars, and restaurants. You can make a day of skating, shopping, eating and drinking. I am going to have to dust off my ice skates (after I find them first). I have one week to do so.
I look forward to seeing you on the ice, and please help me up if you see me fall.