Popular Flint Restaurant Damaged By Morning Fire
A popular Flint restaurant could be closed for several weeks after a grease fire spread to the duct system early Tuesday morning.
The Flint Fire Department responded around 9am to Empress of China on Dort Highway after reports of flames in the kitchen area. No injuries were reported at the scene. The Flint Fire Department said the fire spread to the roof, but was contained in that area, although there was some smoke damage in the rest of the building.
Opened back in 1990 by Pin Yang, the restaurant has a long history as a local favorite for many. The Genesee County Health Department will have to do an inspection before a popular the restaurant can reopen. Hopefully things will be cleaned up quickly and it will only be a few weeks.