3 Things for Genesee Cty Parents to Celebrate National Parents Day Off
Updated: September 14th, 2023 marks the third-ever National Parents Day Off. This is a holiday parents, with children of any age, should plan for every year.
Whether you're running kids to a high school football practice or a dance recital... two hours away -- it's exhausting because you need time for yourself, your marriage and all of the other responsibilities that come with adulting NOT related to raising children.
So, even if this relatively new holiday is a surprise to parents all over Genesee County this year, plan time for yourself to hang out with friends, family or anything but Paw Patrol.
National Parents Day Off in Genesee County, Michigan
- Meet up for lunch or dinner:
- Soggy Bottom Bar in Downtown Flint (truffle fries, sliders, nachos...even vegan options if you need that)
- Hoffmans Deco Deli & Cafe on Saginaw Street Downtown Flint (amazing locally-themed menu with great flavors).
- Meet up for breakfast at Sophia's Kitchen or if you're closer to Fenton The Laundry is always a great spot for lunch.
- Take a Road Trip:
- Stay home, send the kids out.
- Send them to grandma & grandpa's place for a long weekend and relax at home. Just make pact not to do housework or 'to-do' list projects. Make it a point to visit one of Genesee County's Restaurants in Business Over 50 Years.
Learn more about this new holiday here. Coincidentally, September is National Self-Care Awareness Month, too.