Drivers: Make Sure You Know All Of Michigan’s 6 Point Violations
Most of us have driven so long we've forgotten how the point system works for Michigan drivers. The upside to forgetting them is, you're probably not a terrible driver. For those getting cursed out by the car behind them on a regular basis, you might want to keep this info handy.
See Also: Is It Illegal NOT to Dim Your Bright Lights In Michigan?
How many points until your Michigan Driver's License is suspended?
- If you've gotten a speeding ticket for 6-10 over the limit, it's a couple of points. Or, forgetting to use your blinker, taillight out...same thing. When you make it to 12 points in two years, your license is suspended in the State of Michigan.
Get our free mobile app
What are all of the 6-point driving violations in Michigan?
A couple of these in a short window and you won't be driving in Michigan.
- Moving violation causing injury, death
- Failure to yield causing death or injury of emergency responder, construction worker or person operating implements of animal husbandry (think giant farm vehicles).
- Fleeing or eluding an officer
- Refusing to take a chemical alcohol test
- Reckless driving.
- Failing to stop and give ID at the scene of an accident or crash.
- Operating a motor vehicle while drunk or any Schedule 1 drug or cocaine.
- Manslaughter, negligent homicide or other felony involving use of a motor vehicle.
Oddly, drag racing or driving 16mph or more over the posted speed limit is only a 4-point violation.
View all of the point violations listed by the State of Michigan, here.
10 Michigan Cities Ranked by Worst to Best Drivers
Are you a good driver? Maybe your driving skills helped propel your city to the list of the 10 cities in Michigan with the best drivers.
The data was crunched by QuoteWizzard.com, using data from about 500,000 insurance quotes and taking into account the highest and lowest rates for things like speeding tickets, car accidents, and DUIs.
Genesee County's Most Dangerous Intersections
Here are the 10 worst intersections in the Flint area. See if you agree with the list, compiled by Michigan Auto Law.
Oakland County's Most Dangerous Intersections
Driving anywhere near Detroit is the ultimate test of defensive driving in Michigan. These are the worst intersections in Oakland County.