Where to Buy a Live Christmas Tree in Mid-Michigan
I have an artificial tree, but I miss the smell of a real tree from when I was little. My parents always had a real tree and despite the mess, and a couple of years where the tree was too tall for the room, I miss having a real tree in the house. This year is the first time in three or four years I have attempted to put up a tree at all, we have two Savanna Cats and they love nothing more than to climb and destroy the tree. I can't imagine what they would do with a live tree in the house. If you are looking for that pine smell and live tree feel this holiday season, I have rounded up some of the best places to get a live tree in and around Genesee County.
1. Runyans' Country Tree Farm - Runyans was the most recommended place to get a tree from my friends on Facebook. You can find their country tree farm on Webster Road in Clio. You can choose from Fir, Pine, or Spruce trees. They have pre-cut tree options, or you can take a hayride out to the tree field and cut your own tree.
2. Top Hill Farms - You will find Top Hill Farms on Fox Lake Road in Goodrich. Top Hill Farms offers free hayrides through their 80-acre farm, so you can find the perfect tree. They also provide you with a saw so you can cut down the perfect tree.
3. Broadview Christmas Tree Farms - Just outside of Genesee County, you will find Broadview Christmas Tree Farms on Hickory Ridge Road in Highland. You can take a wagon ride through the 118-acre farm to find the perfect tree. They also have a petting farm area, and Santa visits regularly.
4. Windy Hill Christmas Tree Farm - Windy Hill sits on Vienna Road in Clio and features pre-cut or you-cut Christmas trees. They also get regular weekend visits from Santa.
5. Stanczyk Tree Farm - You will find Stanczyk Tree Farm on Fish Lake Road in Holly. This family tree farm was established in 1981 and offers 10-acres of choose and cut trees. They also have some pre-cut trees available.
6. If you want the smell and feel of a real tree, but don't want the hassle of cutting it yourself, you can pick one up at Kroger (I have seen them out at the Swartz Creek location and the Grand Blanc location). Home Depot also has live trees with free delivery. If you want a live tree without leaving the house, you can order one on Amazon Prime and have it delivered in two days.
We would love to hear where you get your tree every year so we can add it to the list.