What Are the Top Destinations for Labor Day Travel?
Just in time for the last long weekend of summer, Priceline has released its annual list of top 50 Labor Day destinations, and you just might be surprised at what cities made the cut.
It seems that last year’s runner-up to New York’s Midtown West reigns supreme this year, as Chicago’s North Michigan Avenue/River North neighborhood was voted the most popular Labor Day destination for 2012, followed by Midtown West and the Las Vegas North Strip, respectively.
The list is based on priceline.com data of thousands of hotel room booking requests made using their Name Your Own Price hotel service and bookings made through their new Express Deal hotel service for the upcoming holiday weekend.
Priceline says its annual list is the most accurate because it is based on actual bookings and booking requests rather than consumer polls.
Below is a look at the top 10 most popular Labor Day destinations. To see the full list, click here.
Top 10 Labor Destinations for 2012
1. Chicago, North Michigan Avenue/River North Area
2. New York City, Midtown West
3. Las Vegas, Strip North Area
4. San Francisco, Fisherman’s Wharf
5. New York City, Upper East Side
6. Seattle, Downtown/Pike Place
7. Chicago, Millennium Park/Loop & Grant Park
8. Seattle, Seattle Center/Space Needle
9. New York City, Times Square/Theater District
10. Las Vegas, Strip Vicinity South