NCG Cinema’s Family Film Festival to Bring Classics Back to Theaters
The area NCG Cinemas, located in Burton and Grand Blanc, have announced the lineup for their Free Family Film Festival, which runs September through October and will bring classics like 'Free Willy,' 'Mrs. Doubtfire,' and 'Casper' back to the big screen.
For a few years now, NCG Cinema theaters have been showing second-run, family-friendly movies as part of their Free Family Film Festival, where, as the title clearly indicates, the price of admission is "on the house," as they say. This year, it appears they are going further back in time with their selections, whereas instead of just second-run and year-old movies, they're bringing back some beloved 90s flicks.
The way this works is that each movie runs for three days, and begins at 9:30am, before the theater usually opens. They do open doors at 9am, and, having attended a few of these movies before, I would highly recommend you get there as early as possible. They are set up on a first-come, first serve basis and space is limited.
The Free Family Film Festival takes place at both area NCG theaters (Courtland and and Trillium) and the lineup includes the following movies:
- Minions -- September 2nd-4th
- Free Willy -- September 9th-11th
- The Peanuts Movie -- September 16th-18th
- Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip -- September 23rd-25th
- Stuart Little -- September 30th-October 2nd
- Goosebumps -- October 7th-9th
- Mrs. Doubtfire -- October 14th-16th
- Hotel Transylvania 2 -- October 21st-23rd
- Casper -- October 28th-30th