Finalists Named in Mott Community College President Search
According to a news release from the search committee, nine finalists have been named in the search for a new president at Mott Community College with interviews set to take place next week.
The search for a new president began earlier this year after Richard Shaink announced his retirement after 14 years in the role. Officials said they hope to have a replacement chosen by August 1st.
The nine candidates are:
- Dr. Douglas Brauer, Vice President for Economic Development & Innovative Workforce Solutions, Richland Community College in Illinois
- Dr. Joyce Ester, former President of Kennedy-King College of City Colleges of Chicago
- Dr. Tiffany Evans, Vice President of Academic Affairs and Chief Academic Officer, South Piedmont Community College in North Carolina
- Dr. Paul Gasparro, Vice President for Student Success Initiatives/College-wide, Cuyahoga Community College in Ohio
- Dr. John Graham, Executive Director, Manhattan Educational Opportunity Center, State University of New York
- Dr. Erica Holmes, Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs, Kennedy-King College of City Colleges of Chicago
- Dr. Derrick Manns, Vice President of Academics, Louisiana Community and Technical College System
- Dr. Johnny Moore, former President, Philander-Smith College in Arkansas
- Dr. Beverly Walker-Griffea, Senior Vice President for Student Services, Montgomery College in Maryland
Three to five persons will be selected from this group for a full day of interviews including open forums tentatively scheduled for the week of June 9.